Crafting on TNRPG is handled through the use of a specific resource, known as Materials. Materials come from various sources; namely through missions, village distribution, Traits, or housing.
To unlock the ability to craft, a character must pay a 500 CP cost. This cost counts towards the character's ACP.
When you have gained enough Materials, you can bring them to a character with a crafting Trait to turn them into usable items. Once the items are in a crafter’s possession, they will make a post creating the item. The cost in Materials to craft various items is listed below;
- 1 Material: Senbon
- 2 Materials: Arrows, kunai, shuriken
- 5 Materials: Smoke bombs
- 10 Materials: Fūma shuriken
- 20 Materials: One-handed melee weapons, Exploding Tags
- 50 Materials: Two-handed melee weapons, Generic Antidotes, Generic Poisons, Bows, Crossbows, Advanced Tags
- 100 Materials: Leather Armor, Advanced Antidotes, Advanced Poisons,
- 250 Materials: Lacquered Armor
- 500 Materials: Mastercrafted Items
Mastercrafted Items possess special abilities, and you must undertake a custom mission designed by staff in order to complete it. Speak with staff about what you wish to create so they may design an appropriate mission. It also requires a Crafting Skill of Specialist.
Repairing a broken item costs half its cost in Materials. If you wish to make something mundane that is not on the list, ask a staff member and they will price the item in Materials for you. If you wish to craft something more unique (an “invented item”), such as a specific medicine or a complex device (such as mounted arm blades), but the unique object does not possess any special abilities that would make it Mastercrafted, ask a staff member and they will price the item in Materials for you.