Buddhists use a special type of chakra. This is generally called Gift of the Hermit Group chakra, though different monasteries might have different names for it. It is honed through vigorous meditation and training. This chakra is weighted towards spiritual energy, but does not undergo any nature or shape transformation. This prevents shinobi from using Buddhist techniques without the fighting style. Similarly, Buddhists are unfamiliar with nature and shape transformation, preventing them from using ninjutsu without the fighting style.
The domains associated with Buddhism and its powers (with some examples) include:
- Telekinesis (Self explanatory, avoid things too similar to Almighty Push/Pull)
- Projection of the Self (See the canon technique, Welcoming Approach: Thousand-Arm Murder)
- Manipulation of spiritual pressure (Sohei is comprised of strikes imbued with spiritual pressure)
- Manifestation of positive energies (Battle Meditation from Star Wars)
Tenets are aspects of Buddhism that must, generally, be adhered to, in order for Buddhism to work. These tenets must be followed by all Buddhists for their techniques to work. However, Buddhists are only human, and all humans are prone to error. Only willful and repeated violation of the Buddhist tenets would result in a monk or practitioner losing access to their techniques. Tenets include:
- Life is suffering
- Purpose of life is to deal with this suffering
- The immortal soul
- General goodness
- The Four Noble Truths
- The Eightfold Path
Monks have two techniques that we consider "canon" to their origin. These two techniques are Sohei and Welcoming Approach: Thousand Arm Murder, both of which can be found on the jutsu inforemation page, here.