- A character becomes the host of a bijuu, and is thus posessed, the moment that fuuinjutsu is used to seal the bijuu into the character. Possession by this means is always affected by the type of seal used to perform this, but the outward effects of a bijuu's possession generally are as follows:
- Jiton (Magnet Release)
- Blue Katon (Fire Release that counts as a rank higher, grants Fire Release)
- Coral manipulation, grants Suiton (Water Release)
- Youton (Lava Release)
- Futton (Boil Release)
- Corrosion manipulation, corrosive suiton techniques, bubble techniques
- Flight, webs, silk, chitin, other bug-related things
- Ink techniques and manipulation
- Negative emotions sensing (1-kilometer range), Nine Tailed Techniques
- Each bijuu preserves its own life by rejuvenating the host’s body whenever necessary. This is represented by Fate points, allowing the host to survive nigh-insurmountable damage. Each bijuu grants its host 2 Fate points. The fate points are replenished at the start of each topic. Using these fate points heals damage, and drives the jinchuuriki into Version 1.
- Chakra Access by a jinchuuriki of the reserves of the bijuu they host is typically a special occurrence in which a bijuu grants its host a portion of its stamina in return for something. This allows the user to utilize the stamina attribute of the bijuu rather than their own for the post. This is not something that bijuu are willing to grant frequently, especially without some basis for trust of their jinchuuriki. To represent this, a jinchuuriki will be able to access their bijuu's chakra for one post for every 400 CP they have gained since becoming the host for that bijuu, up to a maximum of fifteen posts. A jinchuuriki that has developed either control of or a bond with their bijuu may only have Version 1 or 2 active for as many posts of Chakra Access they have, though each post in Version 1 or 2 uses up one post of Chakra Access (this is true for those without Control/Bond as well, but rampaging jinchuuriki are not bound by the total post limit). Note that Chakra Access cannot be used when a jinchuuriki is in Version 2 or Tailed Beast Mode.
Initial Jinchuuriki Mode
- A version of bijuu influence that leaks very little power, generally only causing a change in eyes in its more minor cases and feint auras of chakra in major cases. This state increases physical power, but the jinchuurki's base instincts and emotions become much more strong, often clouding the mind, until the jinchuuriki has taken control or bonded with their bijuu (once controlled or bonded, the jinchuu receives no wisdom penalty). If the jinchuuriki's wisdom would be reduced below poor in this state, they go berserk. Jinchuuriki may enter and exit this state at will. Entering this state deals one point of damage to the jinchuu's seal. All jinchuuriki receive the same attribute modifiers in this state:
Strength/Agility/Constitution/Dexterity: +2 Advantages
Wisdom: -1 Tier
- A stronger version of bijuu influence, in terms of chakra cloak, from one tail through half of the tails minus one, rounded down. This state further increases physical power, but erodes away at both the jinchuu's seal and mind. A jinchuuriki may enter this state at will, but they can only leave it at will if they have control of or bonded with their bijuu. If the jinchuuriki's wisdom is brought below poor in this state, they go berserk. At one tier below poor, they collapse into unconsciousness, and the Version 1 ends. A jinchuu may spend one Will Point to suppress the bijuu's chakra, and end Version 1 early, without collapsing. Each post in the Version 1 state, the jinchuu suffers a minor disadvantage to their wisdom, in addition to the flat penalty, ending when they exit Version 1 (does not apply when controlled/bonded). Using bijuu fate points forces a user into Version 1. A jinchuuriki without control or bond with their bijuu must spend a minimum of three posts in Version 1 before they collapse, regardless of their wisdom. A jinchuuriki without control or bond with their bijuu can spend a maximum of seven posts in Version 1 before they collapse, regardless of wisdom. Each post spent in this form deals one point of damage to the jinchuu's seal. A jinchuuriki with control of or bonded with their bijuu can enter Version 1 for as many posts as they have access to the bijuu's chakra. Jinchuuriki receive different bonuses at this stage, depending on their bijuu, but they all receive the same penalty to wisdom:
Wisdom: -2 Tiers
- One of the strongest manifestations of bijuu influence, in terms of chakra cloak, from half of the bijuu's number of tails rounded down to their maximum. The stage appears initially as a burst of chakra (colored dark red, as the jinchuuriki's blood mixes with the bijuu's boiling chakra) that incinerates everything in the immediate vicinity and then coats the host’s body. As the cloak's number of tails increases, some parts of the bijuu's body might begin to form around the now-bestial jinchuuriki (bones, then muscle, then skin, et cetera). This mode grants use of certain mid-level Tailed Beast Skills. The jinchuuriki's physical attributes are greatly enhanced, while their Wisdom suffers heavy penalties. After the user exits this stage, their Constitution suffers a two tier penalty for three topics, or until healed (capping at poor w/ major disadvantage) and their Wisdom returns to normal. A jinchuuriki may enter this state at will, but they can only leave it at will if they have control of or bonded with their bijuu. Otherwise, the jinchuuriki is trapped in this state as the bijuu exerts influence. The only way out while not in control of or bonded with your bijuu is to have the bijuu suppressed by an appropriate technique from an outside source, spending a Will Point to resist the bijuu, or to romp around until your seal is broken, your bijuu is released, and the jinchuuriki dies. If the jinchuuriki's wisdom is brought below poor in this state, they go berserk. Each post in the Version 2 state, the jinchuu suffers a minor disadvantage to their wisdom, in addition to the flat penalty, ending when they exit Version 2 (does not apply when controlled/bonded). Unlike Version 1, you are not rendered unconscious when your Wisdom reaches a tier below poor. The Version 2 state can be triggered and forced upon a jinchuuriki who has experienced severe emotional trauma. Anything that would cause the appearance of Mangekyo Sharingan will trigger Version 2 in a jinchuuriki. Each post in Version 2 deals one point of damage to the jinchuu's seal. A jinchuuriki with control of or bonded with their bijuu can enter Version 1 for as many posts as they have access to the bijuu's chakra. Jinchuuriki receive different bonuses at this stage, depending on their bijuu, but they all receive the same penalty to wisdom:
Wisdom: -3 Tiers
Tailed Beast Mode
- The state in which a jinchuuriki transforms into their bijuu for a limited amount of time. This, like Chakra Mode, is trained by post. The first post costs 500 CP to train, the second post costs 600 CP to train, the third post cost 700 CP to train, the fourth post costs 800 CP to train, and the fifth post costs 900 CP to train. You may train and activated Tailed Beast Mode before you have achieved control or bond. Note that a jinchuuriki can only control the bijuu's actions in this mode when they have obtained control. If Tailed Beast Mode is used without control the bijuu will have control of the actions of the jinchuuriki until the end of the post duration, at which point Tailed Beast Mode will end, and the jinchuuriki will resume control of themselves. All of the bijuu’s attributes and abilities become available at this point. Using Tailed Beast Mode without control of or bond with a bijuu results in two points of damage to the jinchuu's seal per post that it is active. These expenditures do not count towards a character's ACP.
- Certain jinchuuriki who have developed a bond with their bijuu may manifest their bijuu's chakra as a shining cloak whose color and appearance vary by host. This cloak, sometimes formed into a haori, grants significant physical boosts without the loss of health or mental stability as is common with the other forms. In addition, there is no masking chakra in this mode and all Tailed Beast Skills become available. Once a jinchuuriki has developed a bond with their bijuu, they may train this stage by each post of its use (though remember that a jinchuuriki that have developed a bond can only have this or other states active for as many posts as they have Chakra Access). Posts 1 through 3 cost 300 CP each. Posts 4-7 cost 400 CP each. Posts 8-15 cost 500 CP each. These expenditures do not count towards a character's ACP.
- This is the ability of a jinchuuriki to manifest part of their bijuu, tails, claws, (even a smaller version of their bijuu!), etc, at will. It is a semi-Tailed Beast Mode. Individual uses of Partial Transformation must be registered by each jinchuuriki as custom techniques. Partial Transformation requires control of or bond with a bijuu, and at least the first post of Tailed Beast Mode must be trained.
Control, Bond, and Seals
- Control over a bijuu, for a jinchuuriki, means the point at which the jinchuuriki is able to exercise extraordinary manipulation over the bijuu's chakra. In order to do this, the host must confront the Bijuu in a one-on-one fight to the death
, inside the mind of the jinchuuriki. They may only do this after accumulating 1500 CP while the host of their bijuu. Outside influences, such as other jinchuuriki that have accomplished this feat already, those able to enter the subconscious (as in Sharingan Genjutsu), etc., may aid the host in this battle, however the task of drawing out the bijuu's chakra is left to the host. Should they win this fight, they may expend 1250 CP to access the benefits of gaining control. This expenditure counts towards a character's ACP. Gaining control of the bijuu’s chakra allows for use of Initial Form as well as the Version 1 and Version 2 forms without the penalties to Wisdom. In addition, seals no longer suffer damage when control is gained.
- The developed bond is a state in which demon and host are able to see eye to eye, and become emotionally closer than the typical possession. This process requires enormous time and communication, generally taking anywhere from a few months to a few years. There is no word-count requirement to this, however the jinchuuriki must accumulate at least 2500 CP while possessed with the bijuu. A jinchuuriki must have gained control before they can develop their bond. Once they are elegible to do so, a character may expend 1250 CP to gain the benefits of a developed bond. Seals do not suffer damage and wisdom penalties are not applied when a bond is formed. This expenditure counts towards a character's ACP.
- Fuuinjutsu are used to place and hold bijuu into various host bodies. Seals can range in power and are ranked accordingly. These seals can weaken over time, regardless of strength or number, so it's suggested to reapply certain seals over time and to use the best available. Fuuinjutsu at D-Rank start with a total of 10 points, and for each additional rank 5 additional points are added to that value (up to the maximum at S-Rank with 30 points). Once a seal reaches 0 or fewer points of value, it is broken and the bijuu is set free, killing the host in the process. It should be noted that some seals can stack on top of others, such as the Torii Seal. In these cases, the point values of both seals are combined. All losses in points are negated once a bond is formed between bijuu and jinchuuriki or control is obtained.
Seals also dictate whether or not a jinchuuriki can access Chakra Mode. A less intimate seal like the Iron Armor Seal provides half the posts of Chakra Access and prevents Chakra Mode. A more intimate seal like the Torii or Eight Symbols seals allows for full chakra access and Chakra Mode. Custom seals may not be strictly better than Konoha's exclusive seals. Intimacy regarding seals requires at least two seals to be layered ontop of each other, the greater seal that grants intimacy being S-rank.
General Rules and Guidelines
- There are certain attributes that all Bijuu have in common, as well as general guidelines that jinchuuriki are expected to follow:
- Killing a host jinchuuriki also kills the hosted bijuu.
- When killed, bijuu will regenerate at a time and location deemed appropriate by staff.
- Extracting a bijuu from a host (by means of breaking their seal or otherwise removing it) will kill the host unless they have Legendary or Godlike Constitution. With Legendary Constitution, extraction incapacitates the ex-host, while with Godlike Constitution extraction will debilitate them for the rest of the topic.
- Whenever a Wisdom penalty would reduce a jinchuuriki's Wisdom to below poor, that jinchuuriki is reduced to a mental state of pure and primal rage, and is unable to distinguish between friends and foes.
- Whenever a Constitution penalty would reduce a jinchuuriki's Constitution to below Poor, they die and their bijuu is released.
- Sharingan-based ocular genjutsu can control bijuu to varying degrees. See the Uchiha bloodline page for more information.
- Sealing a bijuu into an inanimate object will result in the release of the bijuu at a time deemed appropriate by staff, regardless of the quality of the seal used.
- Placing a bijuu under a genjutsu is generally ineffective, as they are capable of dispelling most with little more than a thought. Bijuu are able to release their host from genjutsu as well, by casting Genjutsu Kai on them, should they be willing. This generally only occurs once a bond is formed.
- Wild bijuu not going to be slain or sealed in a single round of posts unless we decide that your approach was simply unworthy of whatever reward the topic would have provided and it is written to die on purpose. Bijuu can kill you—yes, you, with the four Godlike stats and the super punch technique—as bijuu will always scale to be more difficult the better its group of challengers are. As a result, wild bijuu will occasionally posses 'Boss'-tier attributes (though a player's Boss-tier attributes will always be stronger). Boosts from bijuu to jinchuu do not take you to boss.