Asp "O'Javem" Damuuddo
Faction of Origin:
Asp is topped with a mop of shaggy brown hair complimenting his green eyes. Piercings adorn his ears and along with his prominent sideburns give off a boyish lackadaisical appearance. He wears a red jacket with the elbows torn out and brown pants with the knees torn out and typical combat boots. Shinobi gear is too mainstream. His headband is replaced by his red belt, the metal plate acting as the belt buckle.
Boy oh boy, where do we even start? Asp has never quite been the normal lad, rather a spacecase of sorts. He showed no propensity towards anything growing up, rather a complete mediocrity at everything. As he was beginning to age however, a sudden change in the boy began. Roughly after he began playing the shinobi card game, "Shin-oh-bee-Yoh!" Asp was drawn further and further in the game. Something about the techniques on the cards enthralled him, so much so that one day he decide "Hey, I can do that too!" and lo and behold, the madman really did it. Card after card he was able to replicate regardless of the technique. Parents, reasonably concerned with their son suddenly shooting fireballs and lightning, took the boy to the nearest shinobi offices. Despite his sudden and explosive abilities, Asp was unable to use the techniques without aid from his handy dandy deck of cards. Another reasonable concern, the boy's parents took him to the monastery, surely he was in fact a demon child. After a few rigorous tests, the demon child theory was disbanded by an even crazier truth. Asp "O'Javem" Damuuddo (the nickname came from one of his old friends growing up who literally couldn't speak words. It was like they were put through three translators or something) was an incomplete reincarnation of the Monk god, Kang, though like, an autistic version of him. Their words, not mine. Taking offense to the claim, Asp was unsure if what the monks were saying was true. What he did know however, was that he was going to be a shinobi, believe it.
His time in the academy was, as you would expect, very, very strange. Where others gravitated toward ninja tools or fireballs, Asp merely encompassed all things equally. He failed most practical exams because like, who could draw Clone Technique or Transformation Technique every time they needed? Not Asp, that's who. However that was let slide due to his actual unlimited potential. Begrudgingly his instructors let him graduate, but not before telling him that he was wasting his potential and that he should thin his deck down to only good cards. To which the boy resoundingly stated "There are no weak cards in my grandfather's deck."
And that's where we are now. Asp "O'Javem" Damuuddo (you have to say the whole name, it's like A Tribe Called Quest) has begun his journey to find the real reincarnation of Kang or just kind of play card games with friends and hopefully on motorcycles. Mainly, he just wants to prove he's not an autist but in fact the greatest Shin-oh-bee-Yoh! player of all time, and also a mediocre shinobi, that too. With a battle cry to the world "Get ready to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel!" Asp sets out into the wild with no Professor to stop him from entering the tall grass.
Quirky, Air-headed, Lazy, Hipster, Showboaty, Loud
Jack of Diamonds by Fayrenpickpocket
Theme Song: Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better
Chakra Color: This One
Go with the flow
- Likes: Randomness, Chaos, Card Games, Surprises, Knowing things before they were cool
- Dislikes: Structure, Board Games, Plans, Mainstream stuff
- Goals: To be the best, like no one ever was. To protect the world from devastation. To row row, and fight the power.
- Interesting things of note: Can fit his entire hand in his mouth, no relation to the Damuuddo's of Kumogakure, favorite time of day is 5pm, once ate an entire cake for no reason; wasn't even his birthday, has nightmares sometimes, is entirely mediocre at sports
- Strength: Proficient (450)
- Constitution: Proficient (450)
- Stamina: Epic (1950)
- Reflexes: Proficient (450)
- Coordination: Proficient (450)
- Wisdom: Average (150)
Spent Character Points:
Active Character Points:
Unspent Character Points:
Total Character Points:
- Jack of All Trades: Asp does not require the purchase of Fighting Styles or Elements to use techniques, rather Asp draws his techniques from a deck of cards.
- Anything You Two Can Do I Can Do Better: Asp is capable of utilizing combination techniques as an individual rather than needing multiple people.
- Destiny Draw: Should Asp find himself in dire troubles, such as actually getting his ass kicked, he may instead of drawing a random technique at the beginning of his post, look at the next 10 techniques he would draw and choose from one of them to be drawn that turn, the rest are then moved to the bottom of the deck.
- Where'd That Come From?: Should Asp draw a technique that requires a specific item, he can seemingly conjure it up out of nowhere as if he had it all along. This can include weapons for Bukijutsu, Puppets for Kugutsu (though these will be generic with no hidden weapons past the technique nor able to be used past the technique in question), or summons for Kuchiyose (again, generic and unusable past the technique it is used for).
Might, Will, And Fate Points
- Master of None: Asp can not learn techniques. Rather at the beginning of every topic all techniques are put into a randomizer (or just hit random page on Naruto Wiki) until five individual techniques are acquired. This is considered to be Asp's opening hand. Every subsequent post, Asp may draw a card from the top of the deck, gaining access to one more random technique. These techniques can not include Restricted, Exclusive, Out-of-Origin, or Clan Leader techniques. Each technique may only be used once per topic, though those with upkeeps may be upkept as normal. Max handsize is seven, and if he hasn't used a technique to lower his handsize he skips the draw for that turn.
- No You Can't: While utilizing cooperative Ninjutsu by himself, the technique is considered to be rank lower in power if it is a Ninjutsu or a rank more in cost if it is something like Buki/Taijutsu.
- Inverse Destiny: The turn after Destiny Draw is utilized, the opponent can look at the top ten cards of Asp's deck and choose the technique he draws for the turn. It's only fair.
- Wasn't Mine: All income that Asp acquires is given to the people he stole his gadgets and gizmos from. Additionally, he gains fame/infamy at 50% and never receives the fame/infamy from killing someone. Wasn't really his stuff that did it, why would he get the credit?