Ascendant Attribute, Custom Status
Dungeon, library, secret tunnel
Though Jun is no more than a slim margin above the average height for natives to the shinobi continent, and of a similarly averaging weight, he looks no less dangerous than his experience ought reflect. His face is marked with a pair of long scars. The first and larger of the two is on his right side, extending from the very bottom of his jaw to the top of his forehead, skipping briefly over his eye. The second one, almost minor in comparison, is a extends back from under his left eye to just before his ear. Even at rest, the set of his brow and the turn of his mouth whisper stale dejection. His dull reddish-brown eyes typically appear deep-set and cast with exhaustion even after a long rest. His hair is long and broadly unkempt, though it is generally kept from seeming totally neglected as it is kept tied in the back.
He favours a plain straw sugegasa, large enough to obscure a similarly large portion of his face. His clothing is similarly non-ornate and functional. Atop a simple, white, loose-fitting shirt, he wears blue and tan loose-fitting short-sleeved shitagi, secured about the waist with a white obi. He keeps a haori for outdoor wear, though the garment has, over time, come to be hacked to about two-thirds its original length. About his arms, he wears very simple blue fingerless gloves that wrap up and around his forearms, where they are secured with twine. About his feet, he wears simple tabi and waraji.
At his best, Jun is perceptive, realistic, and stoic. At his worst, he is callous, dishonest, fatalistic, and wroth.
Jun has has become self-destructive. He suffers when going for too long without enough to drink, and will drink to excess whenever the opportunity presents itself.
While Jun had kept fairly quiet about his immediate family even in his youth, he has spoken next to nothing about them since his wife's death. It is public record that the two has progressed through together, and that they had been on the same squad long before their marriage. It is also public record, to at least some extent, that his older brother had been killed in action during a foreign tour as a jōnin. Since his wife's death, Jun's composure and behaviour have jointly spiralled downwards. As the three-year anniversary of her death nears, Jun approaches an inevitable breaking point, and has recently had colleagues usher him out of the public eye on more than one occasion in relation to drunken, cynical, treasonous rants.
Active Character Points:
Unspent Character Points:
Total Character Points:
- Taijutsu Specialists can understand, learn, and use martial arts techniques. They are trained in the locations of a body's weak points, as well as how best to strike them. They select a specific taijutsu style as their "signature style". Taijutsu Specialists receive a pool of 60 Stamina Points that may only be spent on their signature style and its subtechniques. Taijutsu Specialists track movement at a tier higher than they would otherwise be able to track, and they receive six advantages to any of their Attributes when performing taijutsu; the distribution of the granted advantages must be selected at the time the Specialist rank in the Taijutsu Skill is acquired, and cannot be allocated in increments greater than a single tier to any one Attribute. Taijutsu Specialists can create up to S-Rank techniques for taijutsu.
- Ninjutsu Experts can understand, learn, and use ninjutsu. They use half as many hand seals as would otherwise be required for all techniques (which may reduce the number of required hand seals to zero). Ninjutsu of a chosen element are treated as a rank more powerful (up to a maximum of S-Rank; if an Attribute-boosting technique has its power increased in this manner, its returns also diminish at a Minor Advantage less per tier). Ninjutsu Experts receive a Major Advantage to their Coordination for the purposes of aiming, and can perform hand seals as if the Attribute used were a Major Advantage higher for all techniques. Ninjutsu Experts may select a technique that they know, and permanently reduce the number of hand seals required to use it to one (this reduction does not stack with any other reduction). Ninjutsu Experts receive a pool of 60 Stamina Points that may only be spent on ninjutsu. They can create up to S-Rank customs for ninjutsu.
Masterful (Epic with Taijutsu)
Masterful (Epic with Taijutsu)
- Jun emanates an aura that causes all that can see him to feel the effects of Sakki
(殺気, lit. "Killing Intent").
- When fighting Jun, other characters cannot activate a designated Special Ability. The Special Ability to which this applies must be selected at the time the character enters combat. Special Abilities that are activated when certain conditions are met but that are not activated deliberately can be designated. Special Abilities that instil static effects or that provide items cannot.
- Jun's hand seals (and all motions required to form them) are particularly difficult to discern. Tracking bonuses granted by dōjutsu do not apply to them. Sensing that relies on detecting movement is also unable to function appropriately in identifying his formation of hand seals (this does not impede sensing that relies on detecting chakra).
- The occasionally-paralysing feeling of Jun's aura is as palpable to allies as it is to foes. It's not a very endearing quality.