Genin of Kirigakure
Compassionate, peace-loving, insecure, faithful, worried.
Story Thus Far:
Taiyo holds the title of heir to the Hozuki clan, a title that he very much doesn't agree with. While his beginning years of childhood were pleasant as a newborn would hope to have, his introduction into the academy brought complications. As the heir to one of Kirigakure's esteemed clan, he was expected to do well and shine spectacularly. That was not the case. Taiyo's grades in the academy fluctuated between poor and just underneath "good". His best sections were the more scientific courses. One of the main subjects he lacked in was physical ability, and as a result, Taijutsu.
With a frail body that was very much undeveloped, Taiyo was unable to perform well enough to receive a passing grade in Taijutsu. This, much to his father's disappointment, led to him being held back. Taiyo watched his fellow classmates move on ahead of him as he remained the senior among classes of the younger generation. Try as he did, his physical ability did not improve to acceptable standards. This went on as he continued to improve in the areas that did fit well with him: Kugutsu, Kuchiyose, and Genjutsu. Eventually, he became an exception in the academy: although he was unable to complete the Taijutsu portion of the exam, his vast knowledge of those listed, extra-curricular fields led his proctors to give him a waiver, figuring that the kid's future sensei could hammer out that physical weakness.
These times were trying on Taiyo. His lackluster ability in the academy for anything other than studying left him as easy pickings in the academy, drawing the attention of bullies. This only escalated further as they grew older, and even more so when he was the only one of his generation unable to attain the rank of Genin. It was not unheard of that he would return home requiring the doting care of his mother to mend the bruises.
It was Tsuki Kazahana that played the role of savior as he struggled to make it through. The two had a special relationship from even before both. As the heir and heiress to their respective clans, they were at the mercy of their parent's politics. The Hozuki and Kazahana had long since participated in pre-arranged marriages as a ritual for good relations between them. As the clan leader's son, Taiyo was no exception: from birth, it was arranged that one day, Tsuki Kazahana would be his bride. That, to a kid like him, was somethign hard to understand as he grew up.
At first, she was a lot like a friend to him-- he was too young and immature to understand what a "wife" was. She exhibited outstanding dedication to him, watching out for him almost like an older sister. In fact, Tsuki was the reason his bruising were not more frequent. Unlike him, she was strong, displaying an early affinity for her bloodline's capabilities that helped her in fending off any who dared to threaten Taiyo. That only further led to Taiyo seeing her in an idolizing fashion, which further came into conflict as he came of age to realize what their relationship meant: He was supposed to love her and protect her with everything he had until death's gates pulled them in. How was he supposed to do that when he couldn't even protect himself? Hell ... What did someone like him have to offer someone like her? That thought ate at him, leading to a personality that in some ways defied their pre-arranged marriage. Until he was stronger, it wasn't something he would be able to accept.
Taiyo has now graduated the academy, marking his first steps into the life of a Genin.
Points and Currency:
Active Character Points:
Unspent Character Points:
Total Character Points:
Might, Will, and Fate:
This is my character's custom item thread.
Genjutsu specialists have a keen attention to detail and blend reality with illusion flawlessly. They gain a major advantage in Wisdom. They can pierce genjutsu up to A-rank without the use of Kai's handseal and bypass the requirements to state their use. Specialist learns Genjutsu at ½ their normal requirement and use half as much chakra for Genjutsu. Furthermore, a Genjutsu Specialist is able to use Kai on their allies from up to 30 meters away. In order to do this, they do require the Kai handseal.
Kugutsu Specs are capable of working in almost any environment. They are adept at setting traps and launching surprise attacks, catching enemies when they least expect it. These skills translate into reducing an opponent’s precognition by a tier toward expecting the puppeteer’s traps and their puppets’ hidden weaponry. Their starting puppet and repair budget improves to 200,000 ryō, and they receive a major advantage in Dexterity. They have become more skilled with poison, allowing them to craft at journeyman-level.
Kuchiyose Majors are so adept with the process of summoning they can perform the Kuchiyose Technique with half the usual number of hand seals. They gain a minor advantage in Stamina for summoning. As well, their cap on how much Summon SP they can have summoned at any one time is increased by 1,000. They can create S-Rank custom summons and summoning techniques.
Fūinjutsu Minors can understand and learn seals, and use sealing techniques. They can create up to A-Rank customs for Fūinjutsu. They begin with one scroll upon approval as well as the Generic Sealing Technique.
- One Generic Scroll - Contains "Hanta" and "Heishi"
This is my character's custom technique thread.
Proficient with a Minor Advantage
SAs and Flaws:
- Hozuki Heir - As the inevitable leader of the Hozuki, Taiyo has people watching, and because of his flaws, they rally in delight when he accomplishes something. Taiyo gains 50% more fame than normal.
- At Least He's Good at Something! - Desperate to see his son succeed and not disgrace the Hozuki, Taiyo's dad has moved what Hozuki funds he could to a stash that Taiyo could use to develop stronger puppets, supporting one of his few good talents. Taiyo starts with 2 million Ryo.
- You Stay Away! - In the situation that Taiyo witnesses Tsuki be/being significantly injured(enough that fear for her safety is warranted, like a deep stab wound), he goes into Rage Mode, gaining +2 advantages to Dexterity to help ward off her attackers.
- Gotta Keep Free Hands - Taiyo can do One-handed seals.
- Eternally Modest - When given praise for an accomplishment, Taiyo often chalks it up to nothing special or to luck, or perhaps something anyone would have done. He doesn't handle his fame super well. All purchasable fame rewards cost twice as much.
- Hozuki Hardships - Despite his father's best attempts, Taiyo cannot grasp the fighting styles of his clan. Taiyo requires 50% more words for techniques of his clan. Rather than obtaining them for free when he reaches the corresponding CP Perks, they can be obtained for normal word count.
- Not Meant to Rage - While Raging, Taiyo can't think completely clearly. Receives -2 advantages to Wisdom during this time.
- Still Efficient Though! - When using one-handed seals, Taiyo's dexterity suffers a one-tier penalty for performing them.
[b]Type of Update:[/b]
[b]Active Character Points:[/b]
[b]Unspent Character Points:[/b]
[b]Total Character Points:[/b]