Tane and Rumi Watari
ANBU of Otogakure
Earth Release, Lightning Release
Soma no Ko
Loyal, nationalistic, tough, impulsive, kind.
Story Thus Far:
Tane and Rumi Watari were originally born within the village of Amegakure. They were the children of two shinobi, both strong by their own rights, although not terribly powerful to the point where they were household names. They each served as Jounin and were proud shinobi of the village. Things were peaceful at first, but that peace did not last. At the age of six, Amegakure was invaded by Otogakure, caught in the crossfire of Otogakure's leap towards regaining their former power on the continent. The two twins were brought into a shelter while battle went on. It was nerve-wracking to the six year olds.
When they were released from the shelter, the battle had been concluded. Amegakure lost. Although fortune was kind enough to have not taken the lives of Tane and Rumi's family, Amegakure fell to Otogakure's conquest. Shortly after, their new rulers demanded a transfer of the shinobi government into Otogakure, forcing Tane and Rumi's family to relocate. It was a sad moment for the family-- though no one lost their life, after that it had seemed as though the family lost their spirit. Their pride and loyalty now stood with a defeated village, and they did not possess the strength to do anything against Hayate Uchiha(the Otokage and now self-proclaimed Daimyo of the Land of Rain)'s control.
Tane and Rumi grew up as Sound shinobi, but their parents made sure that they never forgot their roots. The family would often travel back to Amegakure for vacations and to make sure they didn't forget the face of their home. It paints Rumi and especially Tane to see each time the home that they had now left behind, a place they loved deeply. Despite these feelings, they knew there was little they could do to change the situation, so they kept quiet and continued to serve Otogakure's military. Like their parents, Tane and Rumi turned out fairly talented, even surpassing their family's expectations. They showed their worth as shinobi and rose through the ranks fairly quickly. By the age of 14, the twins had achieved the rank of Jounin.
Things took a turn for the worse two years later. Many of the Amegakure natives had remained discontent at their rule underneath Hayate Uchiha, seeing him as a war-mongering ruler who only sought to place the Amegakure people beneath him. When the twins were 15, they caught wind of a brewing plan to assassinate the self-proclaimed Daimyo of their lands. Although they agreed with those planning to usurp control, Tane and Rumi found themselves unable to dedicate their strength to the effort. In their mind, it was a futile effort, one that would only bring further suffering down onto Amegakure's people.
The plan was executed by the time they turned 16. Surprisingly, it was a success. Hayate Uchiha was ambushed by a slew of Amegakure shinobi and brought down. The village was in uproar when they found their leader slain. It was then that they found out that Genma Akechi, Rumi's boyfriend for three years that she had fallen madly head-over-heels for, was a part of the operation. He celebrated the win heartily, but their victory was short-lived. Saizo Uchiha, the son of Hayate Uchiha, immediately set out to slaughter all who rebelled against his father. Very few managed to get away from death within the first year. Genma was not one of them.
Grief-stricken, Rumi fell into despair over the murder of her beloved. A few days of silence generated a boiling rage inside of her that could only be directed towards Saizo himself. With fury in her heart that could only be sated by striking against the man who did her injustice, Rumi was dead-set on sparking one more conflict. Tane did not agree with the choice, but after seeing the ferocious dedication in Rumi's eyes and the maddening pain in her heart, she agreed to follow.
A plan was hatched. After doing some deep investigation, Tane and Rumi discovered that in a week's time, the Otokage would be returning from the Daimyo's palace in the Land of Rain to attend his inauguration as the next Otokage. To get there, he would be travelling through the forests-- that was when the twins would strike. Preparing themselves for the upcoming battle, the two made haste to intercept their target. While crossing through the lands previously owned by the Land of Fire, Tane and Rumi set their sights upon a carriage. Guarded by a handful of samurai and escorted by a merry band of musicians to sing his praise, Saizo had been found. Tane and Rumi initiated their ambush, quickly knocking out each of the samurai security detail while chasing off the trumpet players. After all, she had no quarrel with them; it was the future Otokage's head that they desired. Moving forward and smashing into the carriage with all their might, they looked triumphantly to find ... Their target nowhere to be found.
It was a trap. Immediately, a swarm of ANBU surrounded the two shinobi. They made a desperate attempt to flee the scene, however they could not hope to outmatch several members of the ANBU together. The twins were captured and bound, then brought before the real escort party for Saizo Uchiha that moved along a different pathway. Coming face-to-face with the murderer of her beloved, Rumi couldn't contain her anger, shouting venom in her words as she demanded Saizo fight them for himself. Shockingly, he agreed.
His agreement came with a set of terms. He agreed to combat the twins without interference from the squad of ANBU. If the twins managed a victory, then they would earn the killing blow and a conclusion to the revenge Rumi sought. If he won, they were to swear allegiance to him and Otogakure's new government. Of course, the twins agreed. A fierce battle broke out, each side performing well. Saizo proved a master of the five elements, providing counters to nearly any sort of Ninjutsu that his opponents could conjure. While he was also a swordsman of skill, Tane and Rumi had the upper hand in close-quarters, having designed their entire style of combat around that range. By keeping the pressure up, the twins managed to avoid being overwhelmed by the man's extraordinary array of elemental Ninjutsu.
Although it looked as though they were set to lose as the battle went on, the twins landed a surprising hit, one that should have guaranteed the match end in their favor. Tane pinned Saizo down in a grapple, allowing Rumi to merge her cells into her opponents. From there, it would be a slow decay of his cells that eventually spelled death. The triumphant twins believed themselves to have won. In that moment, they let their guard down. Inexplicably, reality itself was re-written as the Saizo that they had caught faded from existence. In that moment they were blind-sided. Rumi was caught in the Genjutsu of the Uchiha-- stunned into immobility as pain wracked her body. In her world, rusty spikes punctured her, causing her to cry out. Surprised, Tane turned to help her sister, but it was too late. By then, Saizo had the sharp steel of his blade to her neck. There was nothing more Tane could do. At that moment, she admitted defeat.
They now sat before Saizo, the future Otokage. Rumi fell into speechlessness, emotion boiling inside of her. Mixed feelings hit her: She failed to avenge Genma, and in doing so, she almost got her sister killed. These thoughts preoccupied her mind, leaving Tane to do the speaking as Saizo spoke. He admired their tenacity and their skill, sharing his desire to nominate them as part of the ANBU when he officially was crowned Otokage. In that conversation to understand where their anger came from, Tane and Rumi's Amegakure nationalism came to the surface. It was then that Saizo revealed his plans to incorporate Amegakure culture into his own lands, building a village anew that would stand as the bridge between the two ways of life. Unlike his father, he did not seek to rule over them, but to rule with them alongside his own people. This sparked a new light in Tane, setting her on a new path for the future. Seeing the vision that Saizo spoke of, she saw it as the new way to defend her family's memory of their homeland. For the first time in her shinobi career, she felt as though she had a purpose she could back with her heart and soul.
Although Rumi still despised Saizo with a burning hatred that could not be moved past, she felt obligated to return the favor. Her sister had followed her on this crusade, and now, it was her turn to follow Tane towards her dreams. That thought alone allowed Rumi to submit to Saizo's will. The two returned with the new Otokage, and continued life as they had been. They assisted as much as they were able to in the reconstruction of the village, overjoyed to see the incorporation of Amegakure's advanced architecture and other artistic choices. Finally, it was beginning to feel like home.
Over the last six years, Tane and Rumi have served Kemurigakure as ANBU, eventually having been recognized for their deeds enough to rise to be the leader of the village's ANBU. In that time, Rumi's hatred for Saizo has not subsided, although she has learned to try to live with it for one main factor: Tane fell in love with him. After two years, Tane and Saizo professed their affections for each other and began dating. This was very much to Rumi's displeasure, and for a time caused a rift between the two siblings. However, the twins quickly recuperated and Rumi learned to accept it despite how much it bothered her. Two more years passed before Saizo proposed. Although Tane married the Otokage, Rumi, to this day, still refuses to refer to him as her brother-in-law.
Tane and Saizo have been married for two years now. The twins continue to serve to the best of their ability to preserve their homeland.
Points and Currency:
Active Character Points:
Unspent Character Points:
Total Character Points:
Might, Will, and Fate:
I have listed some items here.
This is my character's custom item thread.
Ijutsu Specs in the medical field are master battle-surgeons, able to keep calm under the most stressful of situations and save people from the most dire of straits. Specialists learn medical techniques at half word count and use only a 1/4th of the normal chakra on them. Access to anatomical, poison, and diagnostic medicinal knowledge, and they can now craft journeyman-level antidotes.
Ninjutsu specialists gain a major advantage in dexterity and stamina when using ninjutsu. Ninjutsu of their chosen element are now treated as one rank more powerful than they would normally be (max S). They use 50% less hand seals on all jutsu (can be reduced to 0 seals). All ninjutsu used count as one less rank for the purposes of spending chakra. They may select 1 technique they know and permanently reduce the amount of hand seals required to 1 (does not stack with the 50% modifier).
Taijutsu Specs are experts in close-quarters fighting and exploiting the body’s weaknesses. Their bodies exemplify fitness and physical prowess, causing all Taijutsu techniques to cost 50% less stamina. Specialists gain a Minor Advantage in all stats for hand to hand combat, and they can also track at a tier higher than normal. Additionally, Specialists are masters of styles they know, granting a minor advantage to the user’s stats when using a Tai style booster (such as Strong Fist) based on each stat it normally boosts (this is limited to a maximum of three stats. If it affects more, choose only three. If it affects less, you can choose any unaffected stat(s) to make up the difference).
Kuchiyose Minors understand summoning contracts, and can learn and use summoning techniques, as well as create their own custom contract with a unique creature. They can create up to A-Rank custom summons and summoning techniques. They begin with the Kuchiyose Technique.
Sensor Minors understand chakra signatures, and can learn and use sensory techniques to detect them. They begin with the Chakra Sensing Technique. Using this technique, the user is capable of sensing up to 4 chakra signatures at once on the battlefield at up to a 100m range. Sensor Minors are capable of sensing a character’s amount of chakra. Also, sensory minors are capable of passively sensing beings with enormous chakra, being alerted if anyone with Godlike or higher stamina enters their sensory range (even if the Chakra Sensing Technique is not active). They can create up to A-Rank customs regarding sensory.
This is my character's custom technique thread.
SAs and Flaws:
- Two heads spread fame faster than one. 50% increased gain of fame/infamy.
- Tane and Rumi can perform one-handed seals.
- In specializing their combat style around a Taijutsu/Ijutsu focus, Tane and Rumi have become especially adept with Chakra Enhanced Strength. The twins are capable of using Chakra Enhanced Strength at a rank higher, turning it into an A-Rank that provides an additional advantage to its blows.
- Credited to their exemplary practice in combination techniques, Tane and Rumi are able to turn nearly any Taijutsu technique into a combination technique, should they both be willing to pay the price of using it simultaneously. When this is done, any stats raised by the technique are increased by an additional advantage, and the technique itself counts as one rank higher. Obviously, this can not be applied to already-established combination techniques.
- While being two separate people, the twins excel at noticing things about their sibling(via either nonverbal behavior or inner-body chakra network things). They receive a tier of Wisdom solely for the purposes of figuring out that their sibling is under a Genjutsu and what Genjutsu they're facing.
- Developed mostly for the comedic value, the twins have become experts in impersonation, learning how to mimic their personality traits flawlessly to avoid being discovered. This can only be done after spending three topics with a character, in which ample amounts of personality has been displayed. Mainly used to impersonate the other twin, if this gets used to mimic someone else, I might just go around and ask them how they would reply to certain things to keep with the character.
- Fame and Infamy purchasable rewards cost double the normal amount in order to be purchased.
- When performing one-handed seals, these are done at -1 tier of Dexterity.
- While using the upgraded form of Chakra Enhanced Strength that they have developed, the chakra cost is raised by one rank. As well, the chakra becomes so condensed into the body parts used that some chakra actually leaks out, creating streaks of chakra around the body part to remove CES's element of surprise. In doing this, the overflow of chakra becomes constant, releasing energy even when nothing is struck, providing a constant upkeep rather than by a per-hit basis.
- Used to combo'ing with their twin, the twins are unable to initiate combination Taijutsu with anyone else-- they may not receive the bonuses, and the other person may not receive the bonuses, even if they technically go for the same sort of strike. Furthermore, creating a combination technique with the twins on the fly drains a lot more of their stamina. Both twins pay a rank higher chakra cost for a combination technique affected by the corresponding SA above.
- While having gotten used to figuring out Genjutsu through their connected aspects, the twins are lousy at analyzing their allies to discover Genjutsu. They both receive -1 Tier of Wisdom solely for purposes of recognizing that their allies are in Genjutsu and figuring out what Genjutsu plagues them.
- While impersonating someone, characters with a higher Wisdom stat that have also spent at least 3 topics with the impersonated person(showing ample amounts of personality) are able to see through the facade by noting small imperfections in the twins act. When this happens, the twin whom was discovered loses 1 tier of Wisdom for two posts.
[b]Type of Update:[/b]
[b]Active Character Points:[/b]
[b]Unspent Character Points:[/b]
[b]Total Character Points:[/b]