Faction of Origin:
Tsume is a young spectacled shinobi with shaggy silver hair. She has three black claw tattoos on the left side of her face and is usually wearing a black hoodie with beige pants ending just below the knee. Black leggings can be seen under the pants with strips of leather wrapped around her calves. Her right thigh is bandaged and contains a pouch for kunai. She commonly wears the usual open-toed sandals of most ninja.
History: "What did you learn today, sweetie?"
A large, barrel-chested, bearded man asked his little girl. She couldn't have been older than 6. She beamed up at the man, gaps in her smile from baby teeth that had recently gone away and made room in her wallet for the Tooth Fairy. They held hands as they walked, the little girl skipping along with her father. "Today, we wearned about shuwiken!"
She giggled as her free hand mimed throwing something. The large man laughed, a booming and warm thing. "Is that so? Did you like it?"
The small girl hopped up and down now, abandoning her early skipping and vigorously shook her head. Her silver hair bobbed with her eager response, "I wike how they sound! Aww whoosh and swish!"
She moved her hand through the air like a paper plane as she mimicked the sounds of soaring ninja tools. Her father laughed again before pulling her up by the arm. Momentarily she was floating before he swept a hand under her, catching her before she even began to fall. "If you like it so much, why don't you marry it?"
He smiled, booping her on the nose. The little girl dissolved into a bubbly laughing fit. "You're so siwwy, papa, I'm going to marry a big stwong man! He's gonna be stwonger than you even!"
Her father pretend frowned before pulling her in closer and snuggling his beard against her skin, "I doubt that. Your old man is the strongest man alive!"
He boomed again. The two laughed about the way his beard tickled her and her father's outrageous claim. He held her out at arms length before spinning her and placing her on his shoulders. She grabbed hold of his ears and tugged, "Giddy-up, papa!"
Four years passed in happy days and story-filled nights. Tsume had grown some, she didn't ride on her father's back any more. Her smile had even filled back in. One thing hadn't changed though, her love for ninja tools. Standing in her backyard, she wiped the sweat from her brow before rearing back and throwing another kunai at a wooden target. The tool flew a little too far to the left, barely hitting the mark at all. She let out a disappointed sigh and bent, placing her hands on her knees to catch her breath. A heavy hand landed on her shoulder, "When you're out of breath you should really stand up straight and put your hands straight up. Bending over like that just makes breathing harder."
Her eyes opened wide and she spun on the spot. The man was as large as ever, with a salt and pepper beard now. "Papa!"
Tsume called out before throwing herself at the man, wrapping her arms around his neck. The man laughed and hugged her back, spinning her once, then twice before putting her down. He pretended to have a disgusted look on his face, "Eww, you're all sweaty!"
Tsume slapped her father on the arm, "How was the mission, where's mom?"
Her father threw an arm around her shoulders and lowered his head for a moment. All the joy of their reunion seemed to fall with the sweat that dripped from the ends of Tsume's hair.
"Let's go inside. "Papa..." "We can talk when "Papa where's" we get insde. "Papa please" Let's not make a scene. "No..." Come on, Tsume. "No, it can't be. We need to go ins- "How?! You were there! Couldn't you-"
Her father gripped her shoulder harder than Tsume had ever felt his touch before. He eased up after he saw the look of pain on his daughter's face, "I couldn't..."
He took a deep breath, "I couldn't save her. I tried, but the enemy was too strong."
Tsume pulled herself away from her father, tears welling up behind her glasses, "That can't be! You're the strongest! No one can beat you!"
Her father reached up and squeezed the bridge of his nose, "No...I'm not. I'm only a Chuunin, Tsume. There are countless people in the world stronger than me. The enemy we encountered, he was one of them. Your mother was attempting to heal one of our squad when she was blindsided. It all happened so fast. We never saw it coming."
His voice had become somber and as he spoke he visibly began to become shaken by the tale.
Tsume trembled and fell to her knees, tears falling freely at this point. She beat her small fists into the ground. Her glasses fogged up and she angrily removed them, throwing them to the side. Her wailing filled the air as her father's head fell even further. He walked over to his daughter and moved to his knees, he wrapped her in his arms. She felt the familiar tickle of the beard on her face, this time she did not laugh into it but cried into it. "I'm sorry, Tsume. We both loved your mother dearly." "Who did it?"
She whimpered. Her father didn't move for a moment, "A man with three claw tattoos on his face." "What happened to him?"
Again her father was silent. She pulled back and beat on his chest. Her hands barely registered an impact on her father physically, but each hit broke his heart. "WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MAN WHO KILLED MY MOTHER?!"
Her father sighed. It was a sigh as deep as the ocean. "I...I don't know."
Tsume sobbed, her body convulsing. Her father wrapped his arms around her again and in futility she attempted to shrug his hold on her. "He killed my mother! And you let him go!"
Her father pulled Tsume away and forced her to look at him. His eyes were no longer somber, replaced with guilt and anger. "He also killed my wife."
His voice was ice and for a moment Tsume's sobs ceased. "You have no idea how badly I wanted to kill him. To break him in my hands." "Why didn't you, Papa?"
His eyes lost their fire and he leaned in, kissing her forehead. His beard tickled her nose but she couldn't find it in her to laugh. "I didn't want you to lose me too, sugarplum."
A second bolt of shock went through Tsume at her father's explanation. "He was too strong. If I had tried, he would've killed me too."
He looked off into the distance before finally letting her go. He walked over to her glasses, which luckily hadn't broken, and brought them back to Tsume. He wiped the dirt off of them and slid them over her ears, "You always did have her eyes."
He smiled as warmly as he could before turning to head inside the house.
The young girl sat in silent sobbing. She begged for it all to be a dream. To wake up with her mother and father asleep in the room next to hers. To wake up to the smell of her mother cooking breakfast. To ride on her father's back one last time. She never would wake up though. Her grief gave way to anger and she gripped the remaining kunai. She threw them with every ounce of strength her little 10 year old frame could muster. She turned without looking and went to head inside. Should she have looked back, she would've seen a target with four kunai in it's bullseye.
The hardest thing she ever had to do after that, was take a shower. Holding on to the memories of her mother was easy. All she had to do was sit there and wait, hope that her father was wrong. Pray that her mother was still out there to save. She did not know if she would ever get over this tragedy. Her daydreams seemed so small but her nightmares so huge. The worst what if she could imagine, had happened. She heard once, that only a madman tries to do the impossible. She felt like a madman trying to get over her mother's death and failing. She failed so often that she stayed locked up in her room. She stayed in her own filth for three weeks until her father walked into her room carrying a towel hoping that his daughter wasn't another tragedy. "You are taking a shower right now."
He demanded. That shower was the hardest thing Tsume had ever done. In that shower she realized that she could not get over her mother's death, but she could take a shower. Then she could get dressed. Then she could find her glasses and her kunai and then she could train until her body ached. Then she could push herself harder the next day, and then the next. Then one day she could become the strongest.
Then it was three years later and her mother was still dead but she was somehow happy. She lost her faith in a god, but she did believe in miracles and things so large they seemed impossible when she had to do them one step at a time. Taking a shower was a miracle, laughing was a miracle, her and her father being alive was a miracle, graduating from the Academy was a miracle. These were the examples she tried to hold on to. She had wallowed in her own awful thoughts, she had given up, she hid herself away, but she was lucky. She took a shower. She got up. She kept doing tiny things and every day the world seemed like a slightly less dark place.
Aggressive, confident, eager, impatient
Theme Song: Naruto Themed Sexting by Panucci's Pizza
Chakra Color: This one
To be the best, or to be beaten by the best.
- Likes: Combat, arguments, weapons, challenges, tests
- Dislikes: Freebies, submissiveness, being overlooked or taken lightly
- Goals: To get as strong as she can, and then get stronger than that!
Bukijutsu JoaT Specialist (1000), Fuinjutsu Minor (200)
- Strength: Average (150)
- Constitution: Average (150)
- Stamina: Average (150)
- Agility: Masterful (1050)
- Dexterity: Masterful (1050)
- Wisdom: Average (150)
Spent Character Points:
Active Character Points:
Unspent Character Points:
Total Character Points:
- Thrill Seeker: Always wanting to prove herself, when given the chance to fight someone well known Tsume's drive to win causes her to push herself past her usual limits. While fighting someone with at least 500 combined Fame/Infamy and more than her own, Tsume gains a Major Advantage to Strength.
- Adaptive: Fighting so many diverse enemies requires that Tsume stay on top of her game at all times. At the beginning of combat she gains a Major Advantage to whatever stat the enemy most outclasses her in. Should there be a tie, Tsume's lowest stat is raised. Should that also result in a tie, then Tsume may choose which stat is raised.
- Fired Up!: Tsume's willingness to battle seems to give her unending energy. The first B-Rank or lower technique used in combat does not cost Stamina/Chakra.
- If You Love It So Much: Tsume's love of ninja tools borders on obsessive. She has studied how to use almost every weapon effectively. This grants her Bukijutsu techniques to be used at a rank lower in cost.
- Queen of Games: Tsume's luck is somewhat exceptional, so much so that she is accused of cheating all the time. Tsume wins any game of chance that she plays with another PC. (Rock Paper Scissors, Guessing Games, etc...)
Might, Will, And Fate Points
- Always Bigger Thrills: While Tsume wishes to fight the strongest people in the world, she does not wish to be known as one. Should the title of strongest ever fall on her, what would she have to strive for? Tsume gains Fame/Infamy at half the rate and only gains 25% of someone's Fame/Infamy should she kill them. Additionally, Tsume never hides from a fight, taking on foes who easily outclass her despite the odds.
- Wh-What?!: Tsume's confidence in herself is borderline delusional as she thinks she is nearly unbeatable. She receives a Major Disadvantage to Wisdom for the sake of Precog as she can't see herself losing.
- Slow Burn: Tsume's willingness for battle can sometimes cause her to exert herself a little too much. Every fourth technique in combat requires a Rank more in stamina than it would usually. If an S-Rank is used as the fourth technique then it adds a D-Rank on top of the usual cost.
- Why Don't You Marry It: Tsume's diverse training in tools has left her without finding a special one to fall back on. She does not benefit from the JoaT perk of choosing a signature weapon. Additionally, all techniques that aren't Bukijutsu are treated as one rank lower while costing one rank more.
- Bad Luck Becky: While Tsume is great at games of chance, games of skill are a spectacularly disastrous case of bad. She can not win games of skill against another PC. (Go, Mahjong, etc...)
This is my character's custom technique thread.