The Naruto RPG

The Naruto Text Based Role Playing Game
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:43 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Uncovering the Past
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:16 am 
Mizukage
Mizukage

The Ryoka clone would walk with Amane down the streets of Kiriagkure, just seemingly enjoying a casual stroll with this boy she had never heard of before. Some of the things he had said were troubling to Ryoka. This boy had supposedly had some interaction with Benjiro, and claimed he had two different kekkai genkai. While it was not unheard of, Ryoka found it very peculiar that she had never heard anything about this boy from Benjiro or seen any records on him. For whatever reason, Benjiro must have wanted to keep him a secret. The clone would approach a stand that was selling fried dough, just a quick sweet treat for only a few ryo. She turned to the boy. “Are you interested in some food?” she would respond to his reply accordingly, buying herself a fried dough, and then walking casually more down the street, nodding and smiling at people as they passed.

“So, you knew Benjiro? Forgive me for the strange introduction, it’s just that, as the new Mizukage, I have no records of you. What can you tell me about our previous Mizukage that might make me trust you?” She wanted to hear something about Benjiro that was perhaps less known, though if Benjiro had had more secrets than he’d let on… well, she might be at a loss here. Still, she could tell this boy wasn’t lying, and though it was a strange situation, she supposed she had seen stranger.

Post subject: Re: Uncovering the Past
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:36 am 
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Amane paid less attention to the people around him and put some speed into his steps to catch up to the Mizukage to walk beside her. They were fast approaching a stand and he could smell the sweet aroma of food coming from the stand. He has been training all day and the smells caused his stomach growl from the lack of contents and the energy he expended today. He watched the clone turn to him as his spiky hair swayed to the left as he looked at the Mizukage.

“Are you interested in some food?”

Amane would smile as he would nod his head, yes, for a moment he broke his expressionless face into a smile, which to him was a learned trait through mimicry of others he has seen do it as a token of happiness or gratitude he has noticed. He would offer words but, he felt the head nod and a smile may have spoken volumes. If she would offer him a piece of fried dough, he would quickly devour it as if it was the first tasty morsel that ever danced on his taste buds. It would almost seem as if he didn't enjoy or savor the flavor. He would swallow and he would feel the contents fill his stomach.

"Thank you Lord Ryoka! That was delicious!"

“So, you knew Benjiro? Forgive me for the strange introduction, it’s just that, as the new Mizukage, I have no records of you. What can you tell me about our previous Mizukage that might make me trust you?

Amane would lose the positive vibe it would seem, though that wasn't the case. It was more of trying to rack his brain to explain something to her he himself didn't even understand. He would cross his arms over his chest as well as rising his right index finger to rest above his chin, under his lip. His thumb resting under his chin as he rested his elbow on his left hand. The expression would appear to be deep thought as his eyes furrowed.

"That's the thing. From what I can remember. He told me I was a prodigy birthed from his brilliant mind. The combination of two powerful Kirigakure Bloodlines. I was strictly under his tutelage. He homeschooled me. He gave me this sash with these two dots and said it was an heirloom of the Kaguya clan. To wear it proudly. I never knew if I had a mother or father. I just remember being in this underground location. I remember big glass tubes. Liquids floating in them. One day he left and never returned. I have been housed in my own home so I just been living off my own means. Lord Benjiro was very strict and never revealed much. I asked who my father was and he told me they died long ago. That he was my grandfather. I do remember meeting a guy he always dealt with a few times a, Naitome Hoshigaki. Someone that Lord Benjiro once said was like a son to him. But, honestly, I felt like I never knew him."

Amane would soon look dejected, more out of confusion and less out of sadness. It struck him as odd because he didn't understand by no records of him. No knowledge of him. It made him wonder what was his purpose? What did Lord Benjiro mean by his comments to him if he is unknown by everyone? Why has he been kept a secret? He would look over at Ryoka.

"Where is Lord Benjiro?"

Stamina: Proficient
Agility: Proficient
Dexterity: Proficient
Wisdom: Proficient

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:50 pm 
Mizukage
Mizukage

She listened carefully as he explained that he’d grown up in isolation. Though it didn’t seem like he was lying, still, everything he said didn’t fall in line with how she had known Benjiro. Of course, it was possible that the old kage had had some sort of secret life. One person could never know every single thing about another. Still, the thought that Benjiro had been conducting experiments like this, that went entirely against his nindo, left Ryoka feeling somewhat hurt and unsettled. She was feeling conflicted between believing this boy and the validity of what she knew. If only this hadn’t come on the eve of the office being destroyed, she could have dug through the papers and possibly found something. Now, it was likely that anything that had been available was long gone. This boy had apparently met Naitome, who was also now long gone and unable to help.

He then asked a question which hurt Ryoka to answer. Ever since it had happened, she had hardly talked about it. She’d mostly pretended like it wasn’t something that had ever happened, erasing the parts of her memory that kept Benjiro alive and well. She frowned as they walked along the streets toward the training areas. “He died, a little less than a year ago.” She didn’t exactly want to elaborate on this quite yet. “Can you tell me anything more about this experiment you were a part of? Did Benjiro say anything more to you about it?”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:18 pm 
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Amane watched her frown as he stared at her, he was searching her features trying to discern information but he quickly realized he could not do such a thing. The air was a cool breeze that danced across his flesh causing cool sensations that would make the hair follicles create a cluster of raised bumps. The words she spoke hit him as a ton of bricks, but not in a traditional way.

“He died, a little less than a year ago.”

Amane remained silent for a moment as he said nothing, his light grey eyes looked down at his sash as a different kind of anger was boiling inside him. One not of the death of Benjiro but, the death of the truth. If Lady Ryoka knew nothing well then the only other person knew, was dead. He looked up from his sash wrapped around his waist as Ryoka spoke, the words hitting his ears.

“Can you tell me anything more about this experiment you were a part of? Did Benjiro say anything more to you about it?”

"Sadly, no I do not remember. I do only remember seeing people coming and going that I have never seen before and Lord Benjiro being formal with them. But, that I was never introduced. One thing that does stick out to me is that he said the Kaguya superiors did not approve of what he did. I never saw that person again ever. I was never quite sure what it meant. I was like only seven. I'm twelve now. Say, what happened to Naitome, perhaps he has answers?"

The boy was curious that was for sure.

Stamina: Proficient
Agility: Proficient
Dexterity: Proficient
Wisdom: Proficient

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:07 am 
Mizukage
Mizukage

Ryoka was disappointed to hear that the boy did not have any knowledge about the experiment he was part of. It was definitely something worth investigating, especially given that another shinobi in the village had been subject to such experiments. It made her curious to know who in her clan had been sacrificing their bloodline for such dishonorable causes. She was also curious about all these supposed experiments happening right under nose. Ryoka felt a little ashamed at herself; she had always trusted Benjiro fully, carrying out whatever order she had been told. What if she had been in the wrong?

He asked if Naitome knew anything about what had happened, to which Ryoka could only sigh. “Unfortunately, Naitome has been killed as well. I don’t think there are many people left who could produce answers except yourself. Perhaps I will have to interview my clansmen as well,” she mused, more to herself than to the boy. “What has caused you to seek me out now, rather than earlier?”