The Naruto RPG

The Naruto Text Based Role Playing Game
It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:10 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:07 am 
Suna Jonin
Suna Jonin

Sitting cross-legged in the sand and dust of the Sungakure streets, Rokuro hummed an up-beat tune that might have confused any onlookers who might have been confused by the sight of such a happy beggar. Perhaps that was why Rokuro had to as of yet achieve any results from his panhandling. Eyes closed, as they usually were, the blind man sat against the side of a small building in the middle of Yoshitsune Plaza, a place of busy foot-traffic that made it a favorite of beggars and homeless alike. Rokuro had to arrive early in the morning to actually get a spot here. Fortunately, it didn't mind getting up early in the morning, anyway. He even had warm tea to keep him cozy during the cold of the nights and early-morning in the village, before the sun had risen into the sky and bathed the desert village in the intense heat of the day.

Even though the temperatures were reaching their noon-time peak, Rokuro was undaunted, both in his panhandling and his consumption of tea. Even though his cup was empty of any donations, the blind man considered it well-enough time for a hard-earned break. He let out a hearty laugh directed at no one in particular, then placed the empty cup onto the ground, still devoid of any donations. Producing a second cup, the man brought the vessel close to his chest, holding the it there for a moment. With his other hand he stroked his beard a single time, the long flaps of his coat obscuring his torso and the cup from view. When he lowered his obscuring arm back to his side, the cup he held was full of steaming tea - a better filling for a glass than money, anyway.

Taking a mighty sip, Rokuro let out a contented sigh from his shaded spot against the wall. It was a quaint and pleasant day that had no need of any important tasks or even minor struggles. It was a good day.

Stamina: Masterful
Reflex: Proficient
Awareness: Heroic
Bukijutsu (Kenjutsu): Proficient
Ninjutsu: Average
Hand Seals: Proficient
TRAITS
D-Rank: [Akimichi Hiden], [Anatomical Knowledge], [Chakra Control], [Elemental Affinity], [Legend Lore], [Magnetoreception], [Rush of Energy], [Sidestep]
C-Rank: [An Extension of Myself], [Calorie Control], [Echolocation], [Ijutsu], [Kuchiyose], [One-Handed Seals], [Scent Hound], [Tremorsense], [Will of Fire]
B-Rank: [Precognition]
A-Rank: [Sage Mode]
S-Rank: N/A

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:31 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

The sweltering sun beat down on the back of young Harusame, dressed even as she was in the loose white garments that she had selected for her run to the marketplace. She had just received her first stipened as a newly graduated genin, and she had elected to grab some of the choicer foods from the markets – some she hadn’t had since leaving Amegakure. It was mostly an assortment of fruit rare to the region – a few apples, a fuzzy brown fruit with a seedy green inside that she had forgotten the name for, and even an orange. She took a right onto the street that would take her home, when she came across an elder man sitting in the shade, nursing a cup of liquid.

Her eyes took in the rest of the scene – a begging man, apparently, and not a successful one of his tea cup was more full than his offering cup. Usually, she would have stepped passed him and continued on her day. But something about this wizened man called back to images of her grandfather sitting in front of their family home. He would not be so unlike this man were he to have no home to sit in front of, she hazarded. She turned to look at him, the handle of her fruit bearing wicker basket tucked snuggly into the crook of her right elbow.

”A warm day for an empty cup,” she said to the man.

Stamina: Average
Reflex: Average
Awareness: Average
Combat Skill: Bukijutsu (Kunai) Proficient/Taijutsu Average
Ranged Skill: Shurikenjutsu Average
Finesse Skill: Hand Seals Proficient

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:03 pm 
Suna Jonin
Suna Jonin

The sound of footsteps was a near constant in the busy marketplace, but Rokuro's senses were keen enough that he could tell when someone was approaching him, specifically. The young girl spoke to him about an empty cup, and the old man laughed jovially, his portly belly bouncing with the motion. After the laughter had abated, he spoke in his raspy voice. "My cup isn't empty. At least, not the important one," he said, taking a sip from the cup of tea pointedly. He let out a contented sigh after he had done so, before drawing in a deep breath through his nose. He could smell a wide variety of fresh fruits - the woman who had stopped to speak with him must have been out shopping, it seemed.

After a few moments where the elderly man nursed another sip of tea, he smiled at the girl kindly. She was the first person that had spoken to him thus far today, and he enjoyed the little bit of company. Pleasant conversation made a good accompaniment to hot tea. "How may I help you?"

TRAITS
D-Rank: [Akimichi Hiden], [Anatomical Knowledge], [Chakra Control], [Elemental Affinity], [Legend Lore], [Magnetoreception], [Rush of Energy], [Sidestep]
C-Rank: [An Extension of Myself], [Calorie Control], [Echolocation], [Ijutsu], [Kuchiyose], [One-Handed Seals], [Scent Hound], [Tremorsense], [Will of Fire]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:32 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

The man laughed jovially, seemingly all too content with himself, taking another sip from his tea. Her brow furrowed under her bangs, and she pursed her lips together. This was not at all the “down on his luck” take on her grandfather that she had been expecting. A brief feeling of betrayal shot through her, but it was drowned out by sweltering heat. ”Well, I thought I was going to help someone down on their luck. But you don’t seem like a war weary beggar,” she said, her tone suspicious and more than a little accusatory. Back home, the beggars never smiled. Mostly they cursed your mother. Occasionally, to her uncle, they would curse his mistress to look like his wife. Given his wife’s appearance, it was no wonder he had always given a coin to the beggars when such a vile curse was thrown his way. She could never imagine him putting a coin into this kindly old man’s cup.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:47 pm 
Suna Jonin
Suna Jonin

"Down on my luck? Oh, no," he corrected with a slight laugh, setting his cup of tea gently onto the sandy ground beside himself. "I have good tea, pleasant company, and a beautiful day. How could I be unlucky?" He paused for a moment to give her a chance to respond to what he said, before he continued speaking afterwards. "Down on my luck, no. But war weary? Yes, I am war weary," he mused, a slightly more somber tone in his voice as he retrieved his cup of tea again and took another sip, letting the flavor linger on his tongue as he savored it, before returning the cup back down to the sands. "Shouldn't we all be? There is no goodness in war. Let me be weary of it, and be better for it, too."

(+2 Calorie Control)

TRAITS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:05 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Her countenance didn’t change as the man claimed he wasn’t down on his luck, that he had good tea and that it was a “beautiful day.” Sweltering heat wasn’t her idea of a beautiful day, but this man was odd enough that perhaps she was willing to buy into it. He tried to sideline the conversation into a conversation about the perils of war, and why he would be well weary of it. As well be weary of famine, sickness, death, or the other things one couldn’t change in life. She wasn’t going to let him distract her, though, and sought to bring him back to the point at hand. ”If you’re not a beggar, why do you have a begging cup?” This was the most elaborate begging attempt she had seen in awhile, and she didn’t want to listen to some old codger complain about the last war. They all had the next one to worry about.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:40 pm 
Suna Jonin
Suna Jonin

Nodding his head gently along with the girl's speaking, so as to show that he was following along with what she was saying, and that he was paying attention, the older man's head tilted slightly to the side when she finished her question. Rokuro laughed again, as jovially as the first, before running a hand over his belly to calm himself down, ensuring that his jostling of positions did not knock over his cup of tea as he did so. "Oh, I am a beggar," he clarified with a smile, as if he wasn't too much bothered by stating that fact. "But what does that have to do with being jovial or war-weary? Can I not be all of those things at once?" He inquired, craning his neck and face up to look towards Harusame. He couldn't see, so there was no point in eye-contact, but it was a comforting gesture that he knew helped keep others from feeling weird talking to someone who didn't even seem to be physically acknowledging them in the way that most people would.

(+2 Calorie Control)

TRAITS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:30 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Somehow she had confused him seemingly as much as he had confused her. He countered with saying that he was, in fact, a beggar. (This much was obvious, as it seemed to her anyone begging was a beggar.) But that he was also jovial and war weary. That didn’t make much sense to her, to be honest, but she wanted to drop it. ”Well if you’re war weary and jovial and a beggar,” she said, rolling her eyes, ”you’re probably down on your luck too, aren’t you?” This beggar was doing an excellent job of not prostrating himself for his funds, a technique that Harusame subconsciously found intriguing – even if consciously she found it frustrating.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:58 pm 
Suna Jonin
Suna Jonin

Humming in acknowledgement as the elderly man listened to the young woman, Rokuro ran his hand through his beard thoughtfully. When she reached her conclusion, he nodded his head. "Yes, you're right, that's why I'm begging," he affirmed, chuckling slightly as he did so. Folding his thumb through his beard an additional time, he straightened out the silvered hair and patted it gently against his chest. "But do I have to be sad, must I weep, because I am down on my luck?" He inquired, reaching for his cup to take another sip of tea as he listened to any answer that Harusame might have given. Then, with a contented sigh, Rokuro returned the cup again to the ground and smiled. "I would prefer to take everything in stride. What good does being sad, or even being angry, do me? Does it suddenly fix every problem? Hmmm?"

(+2 Calorie Control)

TRAITS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:25 am 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

”I guess not.” Something about the man’s continued joviality put her at ease though she had sought a confrontation at every front. She rummaged through the fruit that was piled into the wicker basket, finally procuring an apple that she offered to the old beggar. ”My name’s Nakatomi Harusame, by the way. I don’t think I’ve seen you around here before.” Whether that was due to her disinterest in the specifics of individual beggars near her home or that the man was truly an infrequent visitor, Harusame was not able to say.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:23 pm 
Suna Jonin
Suna Jonin

Raising up his hands together and folding them slightly, Rokuro leaned forward in a partial half-bow of respect towards the young girl as she introduced herself. "It's nice to meet you. My name is Sugawara Rokuro," he greeted in turn, offering her a smile as he returned his hands to his sides and seeking out his tea once more. When she offered him an apple, he paused, smile softening from simply jovial to appreciative, as he reached out and gently took the apple from the girl's hands. "I don't come here often. This is a contentious spot among beggars, you see," he explained with a soft laugh, pausing his speaking to take a bite of the shiny apple. "It has the most passers-by, and the nicest people," he said, nodding towards the young girl as an indication of his point.

(+2 Calorie Control)

TRAITS