The Naruto Text Based Role Playing Game
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:40 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:32 pm 
Mizukage
Mizukage

Fame: 1100
Infamy: 50
Jutsu List: More Jutsu than your body has room for.
EDIT: I have moved my commission page over to Deviantart. If you'd like to commission something, please head there, though I don't mind if you contact me through PM here. As well, some offerings here are not available there. I may still be willing to do some of the TNRPG-specific stuff if you want it, just ask and I'll let you know what's up.
MASAKI NO JUTSU
Character Art Commissions
~
trying to format anything on this site anymore is weird.
Whatever.

Welcome to my very first commissions page, Masaki no Jutsu, the Art of Masaki (clever, huh? ...okay, look, it was spur of the moment). Thanks for visiting. Stay a while, have a look around, enjoy, and maybe even dream about seeing and sharing your favorite characters in all their glory, because I can make those dreams come true. ;)

Preface (What I do and what I need from you)
What I do:
For the most part, I do character pieces. These can be action shots, emotive shots, simple concept art, or what have you. Fanart and OC requests are both welcome. Characters are generally human or humanoid, though I may be open to other things (which may or may not follow the prices as listed). My style is anime-based or cartoon-realistic. I am extremely familiar with Toriyama’s DBZ style (I’ve been drawing DBZ characters for most of my life). I am also familiar with the Yu-Gi-Oh! style, and I have mild familiarity with Naruto and Pokémon styles. I am open to and should be capable in other styles as well. That said, ultimately things will be created in my style, or my version of the styles I pay homage to, which is well represented by all of the examples you'll find down below. :D

What I need from you:
If you want to commission something from me, awesome! Let me know via PM. When you PM me, I'd like you to provide me with as much information as possible (using the template provided below). What type of piece are you interested in? If you're not sure, that's okay too. We can talk about what you're looking for and find what options might fit best. I'll put some questions and ideas to think about in the spoiler below.
For an OC, feel free to tell me as much about the character as you can, but as far as description goes, nothing will be more helpful than a few visual references if you have them. Existing faceclaims will work (but be sure to tell me how your character differs from the faceclaim), and images of clothing and the like will help a lot too. If your character has bits and pieces of features from various characters (like Naruto's eyes, Itachi's hair, and a coat like Seto Kaiba's...) those bits and pieces can really help too. Also, if you haven't, think about the colors you want them to wear, in addition to the color of their eyes and hair and all that stuff I'm sure you already know.

Then what about the pose? How does your character carry themselves? Is there anything you'd like your character to be doing? They can be doing something rather dynamic, but a standing pose is honestly great too (what you can do really depends on the type of image you want as well). When you think about this, also think about their expression. References for any of these things can be super helpful too.

Finally, for images that include it, think a little bit about the background, or the ambiance you want to surround them. Do you want something transparent, or do you not really care about background and a plain color is enough for you? Read more about what I do for backgrounds under "My Process" in the next post, but fun blends of color are my go to (as you'll see below), and the sky isn't so bad either.
If you don't know the answer to some of these questions, or don't really have a preference, don't worry! I just put them there to help get you thinking. It's totally cool if you want to leave it up to me and my creativity to find answers to them for you. Sometimes I really like to experiment, and hey, more often than not, if I do something you don't like all that much, I can change or fix it easily enough (but you should always let me know what you think before I move on from one stage of the image to another).

Commission Template:
The template is sort of designed for TNRPG characters, but for other characters, you can include only what seems relevant.
Code:
[b]Commission Type:[/b] (avatar/full body/head shot/etc)
[b]Character Name:[/b] (if you happen to know the kanji, feel free to provide it. 
Also feel free to provide any titles the character carries)
[b]Character Village and Rank:[/b]
[b]Character Age:[/b]
[b]Character Height/Weight/Build:[/b]
[b]Character Appearance:[/b] (please provide references where possible)

[b]Character Clothing:[/b] (please provide references where possible)

[b]Character Pose:[/b] (please provide references where possible)

[b]Other Information:[/b] (anything else you'd like me to know about the character,
or that you'd like to be done with the image. You can include 
special background or effects information here, if any).
Everything I'm offering can be found below. I'll have more, uh, OoC information in the next post.
~
Full Body (Simple) --- $125
^link to full size
Standard full size image of a full body character or near full body character (at least just above the knees). A more complicated character might call for a higher price* (explained in the second post). Includes sketch, linework, base color, basic shading, background, and can include minimal effects. May take up to a week.
Size: varies (typically vertically inclined); wallpaper also possible (depending on the pose, or if you include other characters)
~
~ Includes half of a character’s body, down to about the waist. If the character is wearing a lot of things around this area, or is otherwise more complex than a standard character, the image might call for a higher price*. Includes sketch, linework, base color, basic shading, background, and can include minimal effects. May take up to a week.
Size: wallpaper (1920x1080) (can vary as desired), or other (varies)
~
~
Head Shot (Simple) --- $65
ImageImage
Includes the character’s head, and may go down to about the shoulders. If the character is wearing a lot of things around this area, or is otherwise more complex than a standard character, the image may call for a higher price*. Includes sketch, linework, base color, basic shading, background, and can include minimal effects. Should be completed in less than a week.
Size: wallpaper (1920x1080) (can vary as desired), or other (varies)
~
~
Image ___ Image
Image of a character designed specifically for an avatar or other profile picture. This is created directly in the desired size, allowing most steps to be completed much more quickly than a full-sized image. Half-body compositions typically work best for the standard size, while head shots can be great for shorter pieces. Includes sketch, linework, base color, basic shading, background, and can include minimal effects. Should be completed in less than a week.
Size: TNRPG Avatar (150x300) (can vary as desired, such as for other sites)
~
~
Colored Sketch --- $35
A differently styled approach that uses the original pencil sketch and splashes it with digital color. One of the quickest processes. Great for concept art, or for a visual representation of one of your customs in action. Includes sketch and base color, and may include minor shading. Should be completed in less than a week.
Additional characters and alternate perspectives can be added, but each one counts as a separate image for pricing.
For customs, I can add effects where necessary, generally for an additional $5.
Size: varies
~
~
Full Image (Complex) --- $250
^link to full image
This type of image concentrates the totality of my efforts, using more in-depth shading for more detail and imo a superior look. While other images might be great for detailing the look or even personality of your character, this is what you want for a finished picture you can display on your desktop. A more complicated character might call for a higher price*. Includes sketch, linework, base color, advanced shading, background, and effects. May take up to two weeks or more.
Size: wallpaper (1920x1080) (can vary as desired)
~
~
TNRPG Rank Tag

Image Image
Get your own custom rank tag! Get it to say whatever you want. Change the color, the associated symbol, or maybe even the kanji. Or get something entirely unique. Should be completed within a day.
  • Existing Templates
    • Word/Name Change - $2
    • Color Change - $3
    • Left Small Kanji Change - $10
    • Right Symbol Change - $10
    • Other Edit/Addition - Varies
  • Custom Look - $25
I can incorporate images I created previously for you on another project, likely for a significantly reduced price ($5 for part of the image alone and its background, more if you would like additions such as text or kanji or would like other changes).
~
~
Color Change Image Edit
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Need to dye your faceclaim’s hair? Did you buy them a new shirt? Want to show off that implanted sharingan? This is for images you wanted edited to different colors. Can be hair, eyes, clothes, the entire image, whatever. (For more detailed images, I may not do anything that calls for a change from white or black to the other or another color of varied tint or shade (color of the same darkness or lightness should be fine).) Prices are cumulative. Should be completed within a day.
  • Eye Color Change - $5
    Hair Color Change - $10
    Clothing Color Change - $10 per color/object
    Full Lighting Color Change - $5 (affecting the entire image in the same way)
    Custom (e.g. adding sharingan) - $15
Custom edits should be relatively simple. Something like a sharingan should use a faceclaim with circular eyes (as opposed to the more ovoid eyes common to some anime) if you want it to look right.

If you’d like changes to the coloration of a finished image I previously created for you myself, the price for color changes is $5 (non-cumulative, within reason, but per image). These edits are easier because I should still have the working image with all its layers that can be individually manipulated. (Color changes for an image I'm currently working on are part of the process, and come at no charge.)
~
~
Sketch Piece --- $20 (or less)
(prep your eyes for white)
Image _ Image _ Image _ Image _ Image
This is simply a scan of a pencil sketch of the character without color. Also not bad for designing customs. This is included in almost all other offerings.
Sketches for things that aren't characters, such as fuuinjutsu designs, jutsu, anbu masks or other special gear may be cheaper than a full character.
Size: varies (typically much larger than examples)
~
~
Line Art --- $30 (or less)
Image _ Image
Image<link to original
Image<(penwork)
This is for an image taken as far as the linework step. You will get an image of only black outlines and whitespace/transparency (or other alternatives below). Great if you want to try coloring it yourself (either digitally or printing it out and coloring it traditionally) or maybe even take it to another artist. This is included in most other offerings.
As with Sketch Pieces, non-characters may be cheaper than a full character.

>As an alternative option, you can opt for a scan of a sketch outlined in pen.
>As another alternative option, you can opt for a linework done in colored outlines. This can be digital or done in pen. Pen however offers a very limited range of colors.
>For digital line arts, you can also opt to have a background of flat color at no extra charge.
The above alternative options are not included for lineworks included in other offerings, however they can be done separately for $10 if working from a previously completed sketch (though obviously I can really only do a single penwork per sketch).
Size: varies (typically much larger than examples)
~
~
Special Requests
If you’d like something not quite covered by any of the categories above that you think might be in my wheelhouse, feel free to ask. I might be open to creating other things. Maybe you want something for an avatar that’s a lot simpler than something character-based, and therefore cheaper. Maybe you just want a piece of gear or a weapon designed and taken to full color rather than just a sketch. Or maybe you want something special added to another piece. Whatever it is, let me know. It can’t hurt to ask.

~

Agility: Average
Dexterity: Average (Proficient w/ drawing, minor advantage w/ gaming)
Wisdom: Proficient (Legendary w/ Ninjutsu)

Hey, I'm Selling Epic Character Art Commissions! Check me out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:35 pm 
Mizukage
Mizukage

Fame: 1100
Infamy: 50
Jutsu List: More Jutsu than your body has room for.
Additions/Reductions
(*Complicated characters, multiple characters, simpler or no backgrounds, animation, text)
*Complicated Character:
A complicated character is one that contains elements that make coloring, lining, and shading it take significantly longer than most other characters. Such elements may include a significant amount of gear or straps, a lot of very sketchy areas like fur, very intricate or multi-layered armor or clothing designs, or the like. Such a character may call for a higher than advertised price on a project. This will always be discussed upfront.
Here are two examples of characters that I'd consider to be pretty complicated.

Multiple Characters:
More characters means the piece will take substantially more time, pretty much double for a second character, in fact. Each additional character increases the price by an amount depending on the type of addition. These are almost the full price of a single character, with reductions accounted for steps that are unaffected by the additional workload (such as the background, and in most cases, effects).
  • Add. Full Body Character - $110
  • Add. Half Body Character - $80
  • Add. Head Shot - $50
  • Add. Character (Full Image Complex) - $230
~
Plain Background (Reduction):
If you would like a background to instead be a plain single color, or entirely transparent, I can do that, reducing the price of any image that comes with a background (I will also generally not add effects to an image without a background, and I will probably not grant this to full complex images). This reduces the price of full-sized images by $10, and reduces the price of an avatar by $5.

Animation (Addition):
I have very limited experience with animation, but they can be fun additions to some pieces (especially avatars, I find). Some things that I've done in the past include color shifts (this one is extremely subtle, pay close attention to the eyes for a few seconds), wind effects, an isolated rotating sharingan, oh and this little thing. Color shifts are relatively easy and may only be about $5 (though I may only do these if the character really calls for it). The complexity of wind effects vary. In most cases, this will require me to redraw several parts of the image (including re-lining, re-coloring, and re-shading), and so the price will depend on how much extra work is involved (such as how many things need to be manipulated, and how many redrawn frames will be involved).
Other ideas might be like an animated background (fire, clouds moving), expression changes, moving eyes, or blinking. The latter three should be relatively simple, but an animated background is likely to be complex (and as something I’ve never done before, you’d have to bear with me, but I wouldn’t mind trying it).
If you have an interest in an animated piece, let me know what you’re thinking from the start. I will most likely not add animations later in the process, unless they happen to be very easy to accomplish and do not require any redrawing.
If you’d like a special animation piece like a custom rotating mangekyou sharingan, feel free to make a special request (I’d price an animated MS (includes designing it) at about $30).

Text (Addition):
I am no friend of typography, but if you’d like text in the image, I can most likely accommodate that request. I do often like adding kanji though. Depending on what you want, I may consider text to be a part of the “Effects” step (or even part of the “Sketch” step if you’d prefer the text to be drawn in instead of as a written font), though longer or more involved texts may be an additional price. Text that is ornamentally part of the character is generally fine (unless it happens to be really intricate, which may then be handled as a “complicated character”).
~
More Information
(Pricing, Payment Methods, etc)
Pricing:
Prices are in USD, and pricing is based on the roughly estimated amount of time a type of project should take me, and what I feel that time is worth, given my skill level. I've spent a decent amount of time researching appropriate pricing for digital commission work at various levels, and I've spent even more figuring out my time tables and doing a crapload of math (not to mention second guessing myself, as all artists do who have yet to become comfortable with their true value) to ultimately settle on the values you'll find here.
If anything should cause a deviation from the listed price of a project, these things will be negotiated upfront, prior to my accepting of the project.
Prices may be subject to change as I refine my process and better learn the amount of time and effort the various types of projects require of me. These changes will never affect an already accepted project, and I will always be forthcoming about any changes.

Payment:
I am currently only accepting Paypal. Payments are to be made up front in full, or you can opt to do an incremental 'pay by step' payment method. How this works is you wait for a stage of the image to be completed before you pay anything, and then you pay an amount for that stage before I move on to the next one. The amount will depend on the total price and the number of steps involved (e.g. an avatar has five stages (before optional effects) from sketch to background, and at $50 total, each stage will be $10 (1/5th the total price for five stages). This may not accurately value the individual steps, but it's the simplest way of handling this method, and the total price is the same). This method can be a bit slower, but it is a good way to protect your investment if you're at all hesitant about paying upfront.

Refund Policy:
If you commission me and later decide that you do not want the piece while I am still working on it, I will likely offer a refund on steps of the image I have yet to complete. I will most likely not refund steps of the image that I have already completed and given, or a step I have made significant progress on. If I am somehow unable to complete a piece, I will offer a refund. If, after I have accepted a project, more than a week goes by without any form of update or progress from me, you may request a refund.

Time Table:
A very rough estimate of the time a project may take is provided in the various works I am offering. Most of them state that they should take up to a week or less (while more complex pieces may take longer). These durations are considered only from the time that I have accepted a project and have received payment for that project (unless you 'pay by step', which may have its own time table). These durations also do not account for projects I am working on ahead of yours - Before accepting a project, I will place you in a queue if necessary so that you can see when your project will come up and when I'll be ready to accept it.
I will update you on the progress of your commission, reporting in with stages I have completed (it is at those times that you should let me know if there's anything about the image relevant to that stage that you'd like changed).

Rights:
I reserve the right to reject any request for any reason. I retain all rights to my work. You are free to use and display the image for your own personal use. You may not distribute or sell the image. If you wish to purchase rights to my work, that can be negotiated. Fanart characters are properties of their respective creators and all that. Please support the official release~
~
My Process (The Stages)
Sketch
ImageImage
The initial step. Here I draw the character in pencil. My preference for drawing happens to be lined paper, but if you’d like to keep the scan of a completed sketch, I can clean it up and remove the paper’s lines easily enough. I will generally first do a character concept sketch to get the look of the character correct (their hair, eyes, clothes, etc.) before proceeding to the sketch of the ultimate image (involving pose, expression, etc.) that will be used for all of the following steps.

Linework
The second step. Here I create the outlines for the image using Paint Tool Sai’s line art layer. This is generally a fairly easy and quick step to complete, as it mostly amounts to just tracing the sketch, however, in most cases, I also take time to adjust the thickness of many of the lines. This provides a sharper look, and helps to provide a more digitally drawn aesthetic. More complicated images can take significantly longer with this step though, especially in the case of sketchier, furrier characters, or characters with a lot of intricate detail or layers.

Base Color
The third step. Here we establish the main coloration of each part of the character – hair, skin, eyes, and each piece of each article of clothing they are wearing. From here on out, each step is completed in Photoshop. This is generally a relatively quick step, with most time taken to find the right base colors (don’t worry too much about these being perfect; they can be adjusted later even after most of the other steps) and properly filling in the linework (which takes more involved effort than it might look – it’s certainly not as simple as filling it in with the paint bucket). This step can take significantly longer with images that contain a lot of parts, especially when they are of different colors.

Shading
The fourth and most involved step, in most cases. After establishing the main coloration of the character’s individual parts, each part is individually shaded, with some time spent finding the right shades. For basic shading, which is the standard for most of my images, I work with just two shades, what I call a main shade and a crevice shade or deeper shade. This creates a more anime-style or even somewhat cell-shaded look. For advanced shading, I work in three or more shades as well as in at least one highlight, and I may deal in more color blending, which creates a more dynamic look, but also takes significantly more time.

Background
Usually one of the final steps, though for some pieces I will figure out the background prior to shading (as this may affect lighting angles and ultimately how I shade it – this is especially true of full complex pieces). In most cases I will only do a simple background, and as such this is a step that is completed rather quickly and easily (even if it may not look it). Backgrounds can be sky-based, color-based (gradients, patterns, and/or other effects), or perhaps some other form of ambient background. I will most often shy away from physical backgrounds (the type you'll find in the spoiler), but I may be willing to include physical aspects (specifically those that can be accomplished with manipulative photoshop effects and filters using available, online free imagery as the basis). If you want something particular, let me know and I’ll see what I can whip up.

Effects
Generally the last step. What this entails honestly varies from piece to piece. I can do things like create an eye glow or an aura. Depending on the background and its lighting, I may alter the overall coloration of the piece to better blend with that background (this is less common for images that use basic shading, but is certainly doable). Effects usually become more involved with full complex pieces (the character in the spoiler, for example, lies within a forest, calling for the shadows created by the trees above to cover the character). Really it comes down to what the image demands. But any special requests you may have should be brought to me prior to the shading step so that I can prepare for them (failure to do so might cause me to have to re-shade the image in some cases, and such an event will demand a cost).

Agility: Average
Dexterity: Average (Proficient w/ drawing, minor advantage w/ gaming)
Wisdom: Proficient (Legendary w/ Ninjutsu)

Hey, I'm Selling Epic Character Art Commissions! Check me out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:16 pm 
Konoha Jonin
Konoha Jonin

:shock: :o

Wow.

Constitution: Proficent [w/minor adv with taijutsu
Stamina: Proficent [W/minor adv when using ninjutsu [minor adv with taijutsu]
Dexterity: Masterful [W/ Minor Adv when using Ninjutsu][w/minor adv with taijutsu]
Agility: Epic [w/minor adv when using taijutsu][Track to Godlike Agility with Sharingan Active]
Wisdom: Masterful [w/minor adv when using genjutsu] [w/minor adv using taijutsu][Procog Tier/with Sharingan Active]